Question:
Help with simple words for one year old chidren to say.?
liss843
2008-03-14 11:25:12 UTC
I am doing a project for school and i have flash cards that are A-Z. I am trying to find words children at age one should be trying to learn. They also need to be things that the child can touch, like animals and things.
Sixteen answers:
kittysmle
2008-03-14 11:37:01 UTC
A- apple (yeah I know that is the obvious one, I couldn't think of any other ones right now)

B- Bear, Bottle, Baby

C- Carrot, Cat, Candy

D- Dog, Daddy, Drink (you'll probably have a had time visually expressing that one)

E- Elephant, Ear, Eye

F- Fly (the bug or the verb), Finger, Food, Fruit, Fountain

G- Goat, Good, Glad

H- Horse, House, Happy

I- Inside (good luck expressing that one, but it was the only one I could think of that a one year old would use)

J- Jack rabbit, Jokes, Juice

K- Kangeroo, Kite

L- Lemon, Lollypop

M- Melons, Mom, Mouse

N- Nice, No, (I sure there is other, but I'm drawing a blank)

O- Ocotpus, Orange

P- Popcisle

Q- Queen, Quiet

R- Rabbit, Roll, Ring

S- Sing, Stones, Sleep

T- Telephone, Television

U- Unicorn, Underneath

V- Vision, Violin

W- Whale, Water, Wet

X- X-ray (but I doubt a one year old will need to know that)

Y- Yams, Yak, You

Z- Zebra

We taught my little sister when she was a little older than one (a few weeks or so) how to say White Tailed Wildebeast. She said it perfectly too.
kieshyiah
2008-03-14 11:36:49 UTC
Its hard to remember back that far.. but I'll give it a try. Here goes:

A - Apple

B - Ball or bottle

C - Cat

D - Dog

E - Ear or Eye

F - Fingers

G - Grapes

H - House or Hand

I - Ice Cream

J - Jump ??

K - Knee

L - Leaf

M - Mouth

N - Nose

O - Orange

P - Puppy

Q - Quiet ??

R - Rabbit

S - Sun

T - Tummy

U - Under ??

V - .. drawing a blank. ;)

W - Water

X - Xylophone or Make an 'X' shape (Arms and legs out)

Y - Yo-yo

Z - Zebra

The ??'s are because its not something they can touch, but it is something they can do.. which I know toddlers love to learn new abilities and it encourages them to take interest in what exactly it is they're learning.

Hope that helped!

Edit:

Sweet Mya: Yes, I do. At 1 year old my daughter had over a 100 word vocabulary, and at two is full on talking. At 1 she knew the parts of her body: eyes, eye brows, head, hair, chin, cheek, lips, tongue, teeth, nose, fingers, toes, belly, hand, foot, butt, elbow and even knee. You'd ask her, and she would not only tell you what it was, but point to where on her or you it was. Thats not even including all of the other things she knew and learned on a daily basis. A child at the age of 1 is capable of much more then you seem to give them credit for. You need to know that with the right encouragement, they can learn quite a lot.. even to say all of those words AND associate most of them to their actual meaning. It's all in the process of delivering, and the amount of encouragement. Remember, sweet mya, a child is like a sponge at this age: They can only absorb knowledge if you present it to them, and presented in the right way, they will soak it up.
2008-03-14 11:32:40 UTC
Apple

Banana

Cat

Dog

Ear

Foot

Grape

Hat

Ice

Jam

Kite

Leg

Mom

Nose

Orange

Pear

Quiet (can make the *shh* signal)

Run

Stair

Toe

Umbrella

V ( cant think of one )

Witch

X ( dont know )

2016-03-15 04:56:48 UTC
I highly recommend going to iTunes and downloading the Twin Sisters Productions album "Spanish". It has some very short, simple songs for very young children that you can play in the car or in the house during quiet time. I teach Spanish to preschoolers, and though these songs may grate on grown up nerves after awhile, kids do love them. For a less irritating option try Jose Gonzalez y Banda Criolla "Carribean Fiesta for Kids". Not as "instructional" but still good exposure. Both are a great value for what you get. The reason I suggest this is that young children are much more capable of picking up language than we give them credit for. While you can choose one of the words you hear in the songs to focus on and practice with your daughter weekly, she will be constantly hearing a variety of words and contexts and absorbing it all into her consciousness. Music is a great context for memory retention (if we remember the melody, we are more likely to remember the words). Also, its fun and no pressure- she will probably love the music and have no clue she is "learning" Spanish!!
Honiss
2008-03-14 11:28:53 UTC
Ball

Mom

Dada
Fluffysings
2008-03-14 11:32:25 UTC
Cup

Spoon

Sun

Moon
2008-03-14 11:33:36 UTC
Rhinoceros??? Hardly a simple word! Just stick to one-syllable words. Cat, dog, fish, duck, sky and so on.
iNsTaNt pUdDiNhEaD
2008-03-14 11:30:25 UTC
Cat, dog, ball, block, flower, bird, rabbit, feather, rhinoceros.

(That last... why not challenge them?) ;)

Added:

A-Z

Apple, ball, cat, dog, eagle, flower, giraffe, hat, ice, jumprope, kite, lamp, mouse, nut, otter, peacock, quail, rat, snake, teaspoon, unicorn, vase, water, xylophone, yak, zebra.

(Maybe find toy models of some of the animals--like, if you use rhinoceros, it might not be good to put them in with an actual rhino!)
2008-03-14 11:34:01 UTC
apple

ball

car

doll

elephant

fox

gate

hat

ice

jar

kite

light

map

nose

orange

pot

quarter

rat

snake

tape

umbrella

vest

water

x-ray(the only real x-word kids know)

yo-yo

zebra
2008-03-14 11:40:03 UTC
A-Z. apple, banana, cat, daddy, eat, frog, goat, hat, ice, jump, kite, lion, mommy, nest, octopus, pear, quilt, rain, snake, tree, umbrella, violin, water, xylophone, yo-yo, zebra.
sweet mya
2008-03-14 11:37:15 UTC
am,Cat,dog,eat,food,go,hot, in ,tea,breast

(some children still breastfeed at that age)you,me,hi,bye.

Apparently some people like kitty and keyshia did not read the question.Its for one year olds do you really think they can pronounce all those words-be real.
Lauren C
2008-03-14 11:29:20 UTC
try words like mama, dada, doggy, kitty, etc.
mowho33
2008-03-14 13:51:08 UTC
up, juice, mama, dada, doggie, uh oh, more, milk, no
2008-03-14 11:32:20 UTC
mama is easier then dada.
2008-03-14 11:33:47 UTC
hot , yay , hi , ruff , bye .