Question:
my two year old is teething?
2006-04-04 19:25:37 UTC
she has an ear ache, runny nose and she's miserable. any seggestions on how to help her feel better?
Fourteen answers:
2006-04-04 19:37:41 UTC
Try giving her some infant ibuprofen or equivalent, which would help with both.

If you can't get her to take it try putting it in her bottle or sippy cup.

Make sure she drinks plenty of water and clear fluids to keep her hydrated and make sure she gets plenty of sleep.

This advice is from my point of view as a parent from what has worked with my child.

I would contact her doctor if you need advice or have further questions and concerns.

Make sure you read the directions for recommended dosage and all warnings before giving her anything.

I hope she gets better soon and I hope I could help.
mommy3_05
2006-04-04 19:31:04 UTC
Tylenol but only at night for sleep, see a Dr. about the ear infection to make sure she gets a good antibiotic for that. Try freezing a wash cloth and giving it to her to chew on. Get out the orajel and get it on her and keep the nose as clean as you can rubbing that gooey stuff around could lead to other infections as well.

It is something they all go through and sometimes I think it make us feel worse then them but hang in there this to shall pass I promise
seatonrsp
2006-04-04 19:27:40 UTC
Try giving her motrin. That usually helps my son when he is teething. For the ear ache, you may want to get that checked. If it is an ear infection, the dr. can give you some medicine that will clear it up.
joeysgirl
2006-04-04 21:20:54 UTC
first things first take her to the doctor. I used to keep teething rings in the freezer all shapes and sizes the cold was very soothing. Baby orajel works wonders with the childrens Motrin.
noahbalboa1
2006-04-04 21:34:35 UTC
This is probably the molars coming in. My 16 mos. is having the same problem right now. I have to use Infant tylenol drops because motrin causes him very bad stomache cramps, which happens in many children.
2006-04-05 16:24:08 UTC
Poor little thing!!!!!!Every kid likes ice pops .but i suggest you make your own.Give her these to suck on or you could fill an ice cube tray with her favourite juices.Just let her have them to suck on. give her medicine every 5 hours to help the pain ask your chemist which is best.Give lots of cuddles and do things that will make her forget the pain.poor thing my son went through this aswell.It can be very frustrating for mothers too as we so want to help our babies. Good luck.
tishniaeq069696
2006-04-04 21:34:39 UTC
Go to walmart or walgreens and get teething tablets! 5 kids they are wonderful!!! they are about $5 they don't make your baby's mouth numb so they could choke on their touge thats why I wont use any teething jells.. Happened to my now 8 yr old!
Pseudo Obscure
2006-04-04 19:27:24 UTC
The ancient Cypriots used to rub a nice opium-honey mix on their gums. More recently, people would give their babies brandy.
2006-04-04 20:38:13 UTC
Check with your doctor first. For my kids I used Baby Tylenol. It worked great.
datladybug
2006-04-04 19:31:28 UTC
She maybe having allergy problems. Sounds like u need to have ur doctor check up on her. Good Luck.
2006-04-04 21:34:48 UTC
rub infant motrin on her gums, it'll lessen pain, and take the pressure off her ear. keep wet washcloths in the fridge in zipper bags to keep them really cold, she'll love them, both my sons do!!
2006-04-04 19:29:44 UTC
GIVE YOUR BABY A TEASPOON OF TYLENOL AND WAIT 10 MINUTES AND THEN GIVE HER A TEASPOON OF MOTRIN. THAT WORKED WITH MY NIECE & NEPHEW. NEVER MIX MOTRIN AND TYLENOL TOGETHER TO TRY AND GIVE IT TO HER AT THE SAME TIME. WAIT ATLEAST 10 MINS.
msqtech
2006-04-04 19:48:36 UTC
rub the numbing medicine on her gums
2006-04-04 19:29:05 UTC