Question:
Need help with my child.Read details.?
2006-01-03 16:47:05 UTC
I have started my first job so I can start school, once i left for work the babysitter called for me to come get him.He makes himself throw up,he throws things,and bites,all because I left.It is really hard to find a baby sitter.How do I stop this? He is 23 months old.
Four answers:
nosey :)
2006-01-03 22:18:24 UTC
i RUN A CHILD CARE CENTER OUT OF MY HOME, I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. First, he does this because he is angry and scared to be with out you..this is normal and to be expected. Second, if this behavior is allowed, then it will continue...he gets what he wants...mommy comes to get him! The child is 2 years old, he can be spoken to like a small adult. First, dont give him anything to eat or drink about an hour b4 you take him, that way he wont have much to throw up, let the sitter feed him at her place after he has calmed down. Second, do not linger at drop off time! This makes things HORRIBLE for child and caregiver! Do not show signs of worry. If you have anxiety, he will feel it and he will have it too. Be happy and cheerful on the way to the sitter, talk about going to the sitter when he gets dressed, make it an exciting and wonderful thing! Make sure he is wide awake...dont snatch him up out of bed, dress him and expect him to be cheerful when you leave him! When you get there...take him inside, show him a toy and say "WoW! look at this! its so cool! I wish I had one of these! then kiss him, say you have fun w/miss(whoever), and say ill be back in a little while. stand up, and walk out, dont stop or look back. It sounds harsh, but it is best. The child learns to trust your word, you will come back. The child learns that you are comfortable with his new environment, you like the toys. When you pick him up, stick around for 15 min or so before you leave. talk to the sitter as you would a friend, let him see that you trust her and like her. Play with his new friends,ask where his favorite toys are and play with him there. Make daycare a fun and exciting place! It will take time..anywhere from days to weeks, but he will get used to things and love it.

Too many transitions are hard on a child. I am a Family Child Care provider, and I think home centers are best. They feel more like a home, have a smaller adult to child ratio and are more individualized. Call your communitys Family Service Department, they should have a list of trained, certified FCC homes in your area. These peope are trustworthy b/c they are inspected regularly and attend continuing education. Dont just pick someone from the newspaper...your child need a more structured environment. Daycare centers can be cold and sterile and they have a hifh turn over rate, making it a constant change in YOUR childs routine and comfort level.

If you have a day when you get off early..spend a couple hours at daycare with him. He will learn that it is his home away from home. Another thing I do is I have a family wall. Each child brings a family picture to hang on wall, they see their family and feel like they belong there. Also, I take several pictures of the kids daily and post them on a peg board in my classroom, the kids see themselves and get a scence of belonging. Take your time when picking a sitter, this will be an important person in both your lives. If you want more of my advise you may email me: lowtechtonya@yahoo.com I hope I was of some help.
2006-01-03 21:37:51 UTC
Try checking in your area for well-known, established day care centers. Take some time to interview care providers, and make them fully aware of past experiences with your son. Try church-based centers. They may be a bit more tolerant of the acting out.

See if there is a close friend or family member who could help you out, even part-time. Being with someone familiar could certainly help.

When you're not working or going to school, try to associate your son with other children, and try some separation time. Even going to another room (like to shower, or change clothes) for a few minutes and shutting the door so he can't follow will eventually ease his anxiety a bit.

Ultimately, he needs to be made aware that mommy may disappear sometime, but will always be right back.
2006-01-03 17:52:20 UTC
Wow--have you often been away from him?

It sounds like he has some real anxiety about being separated from you, and he has now learned that he can control your behavior by acting this way.

You'll need a partner you can trust. Start with 5 or 10 minute separations, with lots of praise if he controls himself, and ignoring his outbursts if he doesn't. Gradually increase the time of the separations, but when you are with him, make sure he gets the attention he needs, so he can feel safe without you.

It's important that your partner has enough willpower to work through this and respond correctly--otherwise, you'll just be reinforcing his reactions.

Good luck.
2016-05-20 08:37:12 UTC
A room is 12m x 5cm long and 8m x 91cm broad. the floor of the room is to be paved with square tiles, find length of largest tile 2 be used?