Question:
what r the good sites for 2 year old to lean other than pbs kid ,i want more sounds my sons speech delay?
a_javaid70
2006-03-02 20:05:23 UTC
what r the good sites for 2 year old to lean other than pbs kid ,i want more sounds my sons speech delay?
Eight answers:
2006-03-02 20:22:13 UTC
thomasthetannkengine.com

nickjr.com

disney.com/littleeinsteins

hitentertainment.com Barney, The Wiggles and many others are there.

My son is autistic and had no speech what so ever these are what we used for him. He still loves them. Another tip for you check out babybumblebee.com they sale video tapes and dvd's for children with speech delay. My child is 3 we got these when he was 2 and he can say or attempts to say every word with the tape. He still loves the tapes and is starting to use them everyday without the tapes. I highly recommend these. At first I thought the words were to tough and the tapes were boring, but he loved them from the start. They are the best thing along with the Little Einsteins because he tries to mock EVERYTHING (words included) that they do. Even if you don't want the tapes at babybumblebee.com they have free printable flash cards click on freebies. Good Luck with your child and I wish the best for you all!
2006-03-04 09:38:37 UTC
http://www.starfall.com/n/level-a/learn-to-read/load.htm?f

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=gamesLanding&mcat=game_infant,game_toddler,game_preschool&site=us

http://games.funschool.com/games.php?level=1

http://www.noggin.com/games/index.php

http://www.primarygames.com/games.htm

http://www.uptoten.com/kids/uptoten-features-firstvisit-home.html

My daughter has speech development problems as well. Her favorite sites are fisher price, pbs, and star falls. These also provide games to say and repeat with her...more educational that is. Star fall is great. Although is it primarily to help learn to read, you can also use it for speech. Along with this, you can begin to teach them how to get comfortable with the computer.

You will also want to read as many books as possible, and surround him with other children.

Check on free speech development programs within your community. You should have them. Call the Health Dept and see what they have or suggest.
maggie_englehart
2006-03-02 21:04:46 UTC
You should read to your child, talk to your child, interact with your child. They learn best from family. or you can invite kids his age over for a play date. Kids also learn from other kids how to talk. That's how my young son learned to talk. He's got 3 siblings and the all contributed to his speech development.
New Orleans Babie
2006-03-03 03:34:06 UTC
you can buy some leap frog computer games, dvd's and toys. these items have helped my son greatly! And he loves them! I'd check eBay first before buying any of these items at full price. You can get them used and they work the same :) Good Luck!
newgenre1
2006-03-02 20:06:36 UTC
Nick Jr. this is the best site for kids
2006-03-02 20:06:41 UTC
The best thing you can do for any child educationally is to READ, READ, READ to them. If you can't do it enough, look for audio books (easy to find with a Yahoo search).
jwhicks727
2006-03-02 20:06:39 UTC
This site may be a little advanced, but my wife and I both use it for remedial work with first graders.

http://www.starfall.com/
2006-03-02 20:27:11 UTC
it's a proven fact that children don't benefit from being educated at that age. so don't bother... unless you just want to entertain them.