Question:
figures say that 9 o clock curfews for kids upto 14 works for the community do you agree?
devils advo
2008-08-14 03:21:19 UTC
apparently crime drops and anti social behaviour reduces and parents have an excuse to keep kids in the house at respectable time without argument , what do you think?.
Nine answers:
Tobias B
2008-08-14 11:47:52 UTC
Why are we taking the responsibility of raising children away from parents? There should be major punishment for parents and kids when a kid is being a little criminal. The state does not need the power to parent, just the power to punish lack of parenting.

I wasn't allowed to be out of the house after dark (except for activities) until I graduated high school. Nor was I allowed out without telling my mother what I was doing and having an actually purpose. If I wanted to "hang out" that was fine so long as I was somewhere that I could be reached (someone's house). My mom wasn't so much of a pushover that she couldn't enforce on her own. I'm glad for her; she is great example of a strong, intelligent and caring women and parent. If you can't tell your child no and mean it, you shouldn't be a parent.
Canadian Snowgirl
2008-08-14 05:32:10 UTC
I agree. I think public or community curfews are a great idea. It's kind of sad that they need them, though.

Here's a perfect example of why this would be good - in the community I live in (small town in Canada), a 12-year old was recently abducted and sexually molested by a male while she was leaving a party at 1:30am!!! The male called her over to the car, told her he worked with the police and they asked him to drive her home to make sure she got home safely. This man has a physical disability which apparently leads people to feel sympathetic towards him and makes him appear innocent, so the girl got into the car with him.

Obviously, this story leads us to wonder - Why on earth was a 12-year old girl out at 1:30am????
SunshineApple
2008-08-14 03:37:19 UTC
Hi,

I on fence on this one to be honest.

I agree that a SMALL MAJORITY of children do commit crimes and that a curfew is a good idea of keeping them off the streets.

However, NOT ALL children are little terrors who want to go terrorising the neighbourhoods and committing crimes.

It not really fair to tar all children with same brush to be honest.

There no freedom anymore or things for children to do - build more community run youth clubs and sport activities for children and I bet there will be a decrease in crime there. That what young people want.

Not to be outcasted and have a curfew slapped on them!

Lx
203
2008-08-14 03:33:10 UTC
I'm certainly in favour of exploring the use of general curfews.

I'm not sure there has been sufficient widescale use of them in the UK to declare them as worthwhile.

It has to be said though that the majority of the more troublesome and criminal youths have to be in the 14 - 18 age range so that would pass doubt upon the benefit of a curfew applied to only those up to the age of 14.
✿Regina Felangie✿
2008-08-14 03:26:09 UTC
I think there should be a 9pm curfew everywhere, I wouldn't have to put up with the noisy shites that hang around the streets at night time and maybe the older generation wouldn't be so scared when they are in the house by themselves at night time
Princess
2008-08-14 04:11:42 UTC
no i don't because at 9 o clock in the summer, it's light outside, who wants to come in when it's still light out? i'm sooooooo not coming in before 9 on a beautiful day!
Bugsy
2008-08-14 03:30:04 UTC
I do not agree

It's a free country

Evry1 shud av der own curfew
2008-08-14 03:31:54 UTC
totally agree
dave_uk06
2008-08-14 03:25:07 UTC
good idea, parents should be taking more responsibility.